Pacific Hydro’s Yaloak South Community Fund delivers a portion of revenue from the Yaloak South Wind Farm back into the local community each year, for the life of the wind farm. Each year, eligible community groups and not-for-profit organisations from the Mount Wallace, Rowsley and Beremboke communities can apply for project funding of up to $10,000.
The Yaloak South Community Fund is a part of Pacific Hydro’s Community Investment Program, which has provided more than $4.8 million to over 980 projects across Australia since 2005.
Congratulations to the grantees of the 2021 Yaloak South Community Fund –
- Ballark & District Gun Club – Voice activated release system for clay target throwers
- Ballan & District Community House – Bush Walkers safety equipment
- Mount Wallace Hall – Painting of BBQ shelter and toilet roof
- Mount Wallace Model Aircraft Association – Mount Wallace State Flying Field runway irrigation
- Mount Wallace Table Tennis Club – new table tennis tables
- Rowsley Landcare Group – Wood chipper for members
Community Partnerships Group
Members of the local community serving on the Yaloak South Community Fund Partnerships Group have been empowered to decide how funds made available by Pacific Hydro should be allocated to local projects. If you are interested in serving on the Yaloak South Community Partnerships Group, please fill out an Expression of Interest Form here and email it to [email protected] . For more information call 1800 730 734.
Participation provides valuable insight into the application process, and more information about activities in your local community.
To learn more about the types of projects who have received support from Pacific Hydro in other host communities, check out our publication, Local Good – A decade of support for sustainable communities.