Yaloak South Community Fund
The Yaloak South Community Fund has been established to share the benefits of Pacific Hydro’s Yaloak South Wind Farm with the community. $28,000 will be available each year over the 25-year life of the project.
Following a public call for participants in 2016-17, Pacific Hydro brought together a Yaloak South Community Partnerships Group of local residents and stakeholders. This group is empowered to decide how funds made available annually by Pacific Hydro should be used to benefit their community. The group decided that funds should be allocated to local projects through a Community Fund, which completed its first round in 2017.
2017 Funding Round
The projects supported in 2017 are:
- Ballark and District Gun Club – Clay bird thrower
- Beremboke Wildlife Shelter – Refurbishment of koala enclosure
- CFA Mount Wallace – Floating Quickfill pump
- CFA Rowsley – Firefighting and communications equipment
- Mt Wallace Hall and Reserve – Toilet refurbishments; and indoor and outdoor furniture for the hall
Future Funding Rounds
The Fund will be open for applications in July each year and will be advertised in advance.
Expressions of interest may be made by community groups or individuals who have a project or an idea that would benefit the local community. Priority will be placed on projects that serve the areas of Beremboke, Mount Wallace, and Rowsley.