Taralga Community Enhancement Fund
For more information about Taralga wind farm, click here.
The Taralga Wind Farm Community Fund provides financial contributions to local community projects and initiatives – such as equipment purchases, facility construction, renovation/rehabilitation projects, new programs or special funding that will enhance the community’s quality of life and wellbeing.
The Fund commenced in 2016 and is managed by a committee comprising two community representatives, two Upper Lachlan Shire Council representatives and a Pacific Hydro representative.
2019/20 Community Fund Applications
Applications are now open for the 2019/20 Taralga Wind Farm Community Fund. The Fund, which currently totals $130,900, aims to support projects and initiatives that contribute to communities within 20kms of the wind farm.
The guidelines and application form are available via Council’s website: www.upperlachlan.nsw.gov.au/community/grants
Applications close at 4.00pm on Thursday, 16 May 2019 and should be submitted by post to: PO Box 42, Gunning NSW 2581 or emailed to: email@example.com.
All applications will be assessed by the Taralga Wind Farm Community Fund Section 355 Committee.
For more information, please contact Council’s Environment and Planning Division on 4830 1000.
2018 Fund Recipients
The following projects received a combined total of $127,500 funding in 2018/19:
- Taralga Sports Club – Construction of disabled toilet facility
- Taralga Sports Club – External painting
- Taralga Bowling Club – Installation of Shadex system (for bowling greens)
- Taralga Memorial Hall Committee – Installation of electric doors and flooring
- Taralga AP&H Association – PA system for Taralga Showground
- Taralga Public School – Installation of motorised blinds
- Crookwell/Taralga Aged Care – Upgrade of window blinds at Sunset Lodge
- Taralga RFS Brigade – Purchase of two portable PMR radios
- Taralga Historical Society – Upgrade of the Wombie Room to an archive and research room
For any enquiries, complaints or feedback about this project, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1800 730 734.