Great South West Sustainable Communities Fund
Pacific Hydro’s Great South West Sustainable Communities Fund delivers a portion of revenue from the Portland Wind Energy Project, Yambuk, and Codrington Wind Farms back into the local community each year, for the life of the wind farm.
Since 2005, the Sustainable Communities Fund has provided more than $1.4 Million to 330 local sustainable projects in the region.
The Fund is a part of Pacific Hydro’s Community Investment Program, which has provided more than $3 Million to over 700 projects across Australia since 2005.
2018 Fund Recipients
- Australian Volunteer Coast Guard Association VF17 Portland Flotilla – Night vision goggles, line thrower and wireless headsets
- Cape Bridgewater Rural Fire Brigade – Fire fighting appliance
- Dhauwurd Wurrung Elderly & Community Health Services – Sports equipment, gardening and art supplies for youth programming
- Friends of St Brigid’s – Support for restoration of regional genealogy centre
- Glenelg and Southern Grampians Local Learning & Employment Network – Mental health first aid manuals
- Heywood Men’s Shed – Equipment for timber recycling
- Koroit Irish Festival – Interpretive signage for historic buildings
- Port Fairy Angling Club – Outdoor furniture and lighting
- Port Fairy Historical Society – Construction of archive storage facility
- Port Fairy Surf Lifesaving Club – Youth retention and skills development
- Port Fairy Tennis Club – Umpire chairs, shade structures and ball machine
- Portland BMX Club – Track and surrounds maintenance equipment upgrades
- Portland Community Garden – Heritage orchard protection materials
- Portland Yacht Club – Support for purchase of new safety boat
- Seaview House Residential Care – 30kw solar system for aged care facility
- St Helens Rural Fire Brigade – Slip-on fire fighting unit
- United Way Glenelg – Support for Dolly Parton Imagination Library youth literacy program
- Western Victoria Jazz Productions – New stage and handrails
Fund Allocation Panels for the Great South West Sustainable Communities Fund will meet on Tuesday 4 September 2018 in Port Fairy and Wednesday 5 September 2018 in Portland.
The 2019 Great South West Sustainable Communities Fund will be open 1 July – 31 July 2019.