Ararat Sustainable Communities Fund
Pacific Hydro’s Ararat Sustainable Communities Fund delivers a portion of revenue from the Challicum Hills Wind Farm back into the local community each year, for the life of the wind farm.
Since the commissioning of Challicum Hills Wind Farm in 2005, the Fund has provided more than $618,000 to 220 local sustainable projects.
The Fund is a part of Pacific Hydro’s Community Investment Program, which has provided more than $3 Million to over 700 projects across Australia since 2005.
2018 Fund Recipients
- Ararat City Band – Kids in Uniform
- Ararat Live Incorporated – New Speakers for Events
- Ararat Storm Football Club – Team Trailer
- Ararat U3A – Purchase of Defibrillator
- Ararat VRI Bowls Club – Renovation of Existing South Side Shelter
- Beat the Heat Victoria – Youth Sport Mentoring Program
- Buangor Primary School – Indigenous Sensory Garden
- Friends of Gum San Inc. – Ararat Cemetery Chinese Gravestones
- Maroona Recreation Reserve Committee – Split System for Maroona Hall
- YMCA Ballarat – Sustainable Garden Project and Outdoor Classroom
The 2019 Ararat Sustainable Communities Fund will be open 1 July – 31 July 2019.