Ararat Sustainable Communities Fund
Pacific Hydro’s Ararat Sustainable Communities Fund delivers a portion of revenue from the Challicum Hills Wind Farm back into the local community each year, for the life of the wind farm.
Each year, eligible community groups and not-for-profit organisations can apply for project funding up to $10,000 from a pool of $34,000.
Since the commissioning of Challicum Hills Wind Farm in 2005, the Fund has provided more than $652,000 to 227 local sustainable projects.
The Fund is a part of Pacific Hydro’s Community Investment Program, which has provided more than $3.7 Million to over 800 projects across Australia since 2005.
2019 Fund Recipients
- Ararat Neighbourhood House Inc – The ANH Patch
- Ararat VRI Bowls Club – Sealing the Queens St Car Park
- Friends of Gum San – Pinkey Point Restoration
- Dobie War Memorial Committee Inc – Dobie War Memorial relocation
- Pyrenees Range Pleasure Drivers – ABC for Ponies
- Ararat Clay Target Club Inc – Clay Throwing Traps
Watch this space for more information about the 2020 Ararat Sustainable Communities Fund.
To learn more about the types of projects who have received support from Pacific Hydro in other host communities, check out our publication, Local Good – A decade of support for sustainable communities.